Sunday, January 11, 2009

New Friends


It's amazing how many people you meet and become friends with through the adoption process. Our China travel group friends are some of the best friends we have made, because we share a common bond...our children!

Yesterday, we were able to get together with Melissa and Scott and their little boy, Micah. Melissa is the woman I spoke about in my blog entry on December 8th, entitled "Is That You, God?". Melissa and her husband, Scott, traveled to Ethiopia in December to adopt Micah. We wanted to meet them and find out more about their experience with Better Futures Adoption Services out of MN, as we are planning to use them as we begin the process of adopting from Ethiopia. They had nothing but good things to say about the agency and their experience....which is good news for us. And even better news is that we've made new friends...friends to get together with and correspond with as we begin this new journey.

About ten minutes after Melissa and Scott left, I ran out to get our mail. What did I find, the latest issue of Adoptive Families magazine....and guess what was on the cover? A little African girl. I looked inside the cover, and sure enough, she was adopted from ETHIOPIA. I flipped the magazine over....and on the back cover....another little one adopted from ETHIOPIA. God is just too AWESOME!!! How humbled I am to know that God speaks, just to me and gives me his approval!!

Later in the evening, I looked back at my previous issues of my Adoptive Families magazine and the last time there was an African child on the cover was March of 2008. Which, ironically, was the month we started to think about starting adoption number 2. At that time, we were thinking Taiwan....maybe God was trying to tug at my heartsrings way back then and get my heart prepared for His plan, because the doors to Taiwan were then closed for us (as we do not quilify for Taiwan) and the doors to Ethiopia became an option for us. Really, the only option, unless we would adopt domestically. How GREAT is our God!! AWESOME and MIGHTY and HIS plan is always much better than my plan could possibly be!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We loved getting together with you and your family. We left your house and said how great it is that God connected us with you. I can see the start of an Awesome friendship. We just got our AF magazine too...what a cutie!! Can't wait to get together again and chat more!! ~Melissa