Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy Gotcha' Day, Emma!











Today we celebrated Emma's "Gotcha' Day". We ordered out for Chinese food. Emma LOVES eggdrop soup. She ate four bowls of it! We also gave her a special gift that we bought when we went to China to get her. What a little Asian Princess she is!

Two years ago, today, I celebrated Mother's Day, thousands of miles away in another country. I flew thirteen hours from home, to receive the most awesome gift a mother could receive. The gift of a child. My body did not carry this child, but my heart sure did. For two years, I dreamed of this big day. The day this little Chinese girl would be placed in my arms and I would be her mommy...forever. A day that God, Himself, ordained, before he even created the world. As I reflect on the past two years, I am in awe, that God chose, me, to be Emma's mom. I am humbled beyond words and I am grateful, not only to the God of the Universe, but also to a woman, somewhere in China, who honored the life of a child, by choosing life for her. I pray that she is safe and healthy and has a peace that only God could provide, and I thank her for giving me the most precious Mother's Day gift ever!












Happy Gotcha' Day, my little Emma Bug!






No comments: