Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Uranus.....My What???

Well, here you have it....out of the mouths of babes. Yesterday, our first graders had a special Solar System/Space presentation for parents and friends. All 75 (or so) of our first graders, their teachers and parents, gathered for a program in the commons. Each child made a home-made space vehicle that was put on display for viewing and each child also wrote a factual report on one part of the Solar System. Mrs. W's kids wrote their reports in the form of a letter and each child chose a teacher to write to. Then, they read them in front of the audience. So, here is the letter one of Mrs. W's kids wrote about Uranus (or actually, mine). Unfortunatly I only teach in the morning, so I did not get to hear the lovely facts about my behind!! But, I had a good laugh today when my teacher friends told me all about it.


No comments: