Wednesday, May 14, 2008

We "Gotcha" Emma!





One year ago, on this exact date, our little Emma was placed in our arms. Our family refers to this day as Emma's "Gotcha Day". Some adoptive families don't like the term "Gotcha Day", but for our family, it feels right to call it that. It is amazing to think that God had this all planned, even before Emma was born....even before we were born. I am so very grateful to Emma's biological parents, who choose life for her. I am also so thankful for the Lily Orphan Care Center and all of the nannies that cared for Emma in her first year of life as well as The First Hugs program which helped with Emma's attachment and bonding process. But most of all, I am thankful to my husband, Steve, who said "yes" to adoption and was confident that God would provide for us. He encouraged our family to take a step of faith and grow our family in a new way. I love you Steve...for saying "yes"!

No comments: