Friday, March 28, 2008

Emma Loves to Sing!


We may have a future Girls Choir member in the Fidlin household...and it ain't the momma'! Emma seems to really enjoy singing. In fact, today, when Steve went in to wake her up, she was sitting in her crib singing away! Here is a little snippet of one of her tunes.

Emma is also beginning to put words together to form compound words and little sentences. As a reading/language person...I am just loving this. The first two times around (with the boys) I think I was such a Nervous Nelly and didn't know as much as I know now about language development. It is so fun to listen to her progression! Yesterday she stood at the top of the steps looking down at her brothers and said "Dow....dah". Translation: "Downstairs". She continued throughout the day, repeating things I'd say, such as "toothbrush", "Bye, Daddy", etc... It's so cute to hear her start to put it all together. Just wait till the reading comes....I'll be in my glory!!

On the downside, I was down and out with a touch of the stomach flu yesterday, and Emma is sick with a cold again. Will the gushing nose ever be gone?? It seems I am constantly wiping her nose...and she absolutely hates it!! I think sometimes when she complains to me, it is some form of Chinese swearing that she is doing! It's quite funny!

We have spent the week doing a variety of things to stay busy. On Monday we went to Monkey Joes with some friends. Then we went out to eat at HuHot for supper (kids eat free on Mondays). Emma loved the noodles and veggies! Tuesday the boys had four friends over (siblings) for the morning and we went to the library and took Ellie for her vet appointment. Wednesday we went to Toys R Us so the boys could spend some of their Easter money. They both wanted to buy a ToothTunes toothbrush. Yesterday and today the boys have been busy playing with friends and I have been doing some baking. We are heading down to Milwaukee for a get together with my four college roomies and their families. Sunday is Easter with my family at my sister's house. I'll post some photos after the weekend.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That is just the cutest thing ever!! I've watched it like four times already. I'm going to let Teagan watch it when she gets up from her nap. Hugs!

Amy said...

Great singing Emma! Way to go!

Jadyn
(and her Mom)