Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Woo-eee Look at Me!

Emma has learned how to stand up without holding onto something. She's starting to take 3-5 steps walking by herself between Steve and I. It's funny, though, she will walk from Steve to me, but when I turn her around to walk from me to Steve, she just growls, sits down and crawls to him!!

Tonight I had a two hour meeting at church for Awana leaders. The boys and Emma had to go in the childcare because Steve's out of town. The childcare workers said Emma wouldn't let anyone near her. As soon as someone came towards her she would crawl over to one of her big brothers. She has definatly attached to them.

Tomorrow is Emma's first day at the Brenda's house (our babysitter). Since Steve is out of town and the boys first day of school isn't until next week, I have to get all three ready, plus myself, and be out the door by 7:00, in hopes of being to work by 7:30. We'll see how that goes!!

I am really anxious to start back to work. I need to get out a bit. I am not used to being home 24-7. I love my job and have the luxury of being home every afternoon with Emma. It will be good for us all to get back into a routine and the full days of school for Caleb will be great. He needs constant action....and frankly, I can't provide it. He wears me out!! He'll love the "go, go, go" of being at school all day...and maybe (I am praying) he will be worn out when he gets home...ha!!

My birthday was on Monday...I can't believe I am 37. I really don't feel that old. I hope I am not too old for this little one year old of mine. Guess it's too late, now. If nothing else, she will keep me young!! The scary thing is that I would really like to go back and adopt another baby from China and at the slow pace the China adoption program is at, I could be well into my 40's by the time we'd get another child. So, my plan is to pray and pray about it and know that God will give me clear answers of His plan for our family....or clear plans for Steve...I told him it's his decision wether or not we go back.

Hope everyone is enjoying the last weeks of summer!!

"What blueberry pancakes?? I didn't eat them."

"Hello?" (Anything can be a phone!)

No comments: