Friday, August 17, 2007

How God Speaks.

It amazes me how God speaks. My good friend, Lynn and I were discussing last week how easy it is to get off task when it comes to reading the Bible. I was telling her how I have a stack of professional books, novels and my Bible sitting on my coffee table and so often I look at the Bible, then look at my other books and end up choosing the latter. I can even justify it with myself...."Well, Karen Kingsbury is a Christian novelist...and...there are many references to scritpure in it....so....I still am getting the Word when I chose her book instead of the Bible. I guess I need to pray and ask God to give me a stronger heart for His Word...but I also know that He meets me right where I am, so I have to give myself a little break!

Anyway, this discussion led to a discussion about our faith...and it's growth. I was telling my friend, Lynn, that I really feel I have grown a ton in the last 5-7 years in my faith walk. In fact, I remember about 5 years ago when Steve and I would have long discussions about Noah's Ark....and how could that really have happened.....every animal on the earth???? Well, I have now come to the point where I don't have to know the hows and why sof God....I just know that He is who He is and I believe His Word is true.

Well, the next day, I was reading some of the blogs of our China travelmates...when I stumbled upon a link for a website called Answers in Genesis. (Thanks, Suzanne!) I clicked on it and up came a large picture of Noah's Ark with the words "Noah's Ark...Fact or Myth??" The whole website is about Genesis and gives scientific proof for the things many of us have questioned at one point or another.

Was that God speaking to me or what?? Like my friend, Linda, said...."Isn't it amazing how just by having faith (believing without seeing) God will reveal more of Himself to you."

Amen, sister!!

Here is the link to the Answers in Genesis website: http://www.answersingenesis.org/

No comments: